Foundation / Corporation
American Honda Foundation (AHF)
Grants ranging from $20,000 to $75,000 to USA nonprofits, public school districts, and private and public elementary and secondary schools for children's and youth education programs, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), the environment, job training, and literacy.
For the purposes of these grants, youth includes those who are pre-natal through twenty-one years of age.
The Foundation seeks programs and organizations with a well-defined sense of purpose, demonstrated a commitment to making the best use of available resources and a reputation for accomplishing their objectives. In addition, programs should be:
- Innovative and creative that propose untried methods which ultimately may result in providing solutions to the complex educational concerns currently facing the American society.
- Broad in scope, intent, impact, and outreach.
- Possess a high potential for success with a relatively low incidence of duplication of effort (i.e. other organizations administering the same programs).
- Dedicated to improving the human condition of all mankind.
- Operate from a position of financial and administrative soundness.
- In urgent need of funding from a priority basis (not necessarily financial need); i.e., the relative importance of the program or project to the public.
GrantWatch ID#: 170809
The number of grants awarded annually is based on the yearly Foundation budget. For reference, over the course of the past five years, the Foundation has awarded an average of 27 grants annually.
The grant range is $20,000 to $75,000. The average size of AHF's grants is $45,000.
The grant period is for a one-year period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To determine if your program/project meets the qualifications for consideration, take the Eligibility Quiz and begin the online application process:
Support materials should be mailed to the following address:
American Honda Foundation
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming