U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) - National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) - University of Maryland - Northeast Regional Aquaculture Center (NRAC)
09/06/19 4:00 PM Maryland Local Time
Grants to USA individuals associated with research institutions, organizations, federal agencies, corporations, IHEs, and agricultural experiment stations in Northeastern states for regional projects to increase aquaculture processing, profitability, and production. Funding may be used to support research, extension education, development, and demonstration projects. The NRAC comprises the geographical region of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, DC, and West Virginia.
Pre-proposals with strong regional participation that incorporate team building and extension activities will be viewed most favorably.
Proposed research or projects must:
1. Support commercial aquaculture industry development in Washington, DC or the twelve Northeastern states.
2. Have the assistance, support, or endorsement of industry in the Northeast.
3. Be regional - Funded individuals and institutions from two or more northeastern states must participate in any funded projects.
4. Have a funded extension or outreach component which will facilitate information dissemination, technology transfer or training to the aquaculture industry throughout the Northeast.
5. Identify role of collaborators.
6. Meet budget requirements.
For more details about these program requirements, see pages 2-3 of the RFA document below.
Aquaculture commodities chosen for study should have proven or viable economic potential for commercial development in the Northeast region. Collaborative partnership(s) with appropriate industry sector(s) or firms(s) is highly encouraged. Projects that promise to produce tangible end products that are of direct use or value to particular aquaculture businesses, or address key bottlenecks to aquaculture operations marketing are preferred.
Targeted Research Areas (TRA):
- Goal: Create innovative strategies addressing social barriers to the development and expansion of the aquaculture industry in the Northeast region.
- Goal: Research and demonstrate opportunities for increased profitability.
For more details about these targeted areas, see pages 7-8 of the RFA below.
GrantWatch ID#: 186328
NRAC funds between two and five projects each year.
Total funding up to $200,000
NRAC will consider projects for up to two years. Projects exceeding three years will not be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
All inquiries and submissions should be addressed to:
Sharon S. Adams
NRAC Coordinator/RFA 2020
Northeastem Regional Aquaculture Center/NRAC
University of Maryland
2113 Animal Sci/Agric. Engineering Building #142
College Park, Maryland 20742-2317
NRAC RFA 2020
USA: Connecticut; Delaware; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York City; New York; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; Vermont; Washington, DC; West Virginia