Opportunity for USA general psychiatry residents to participate in a professional development program in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry. The goal of the program is to give general psychiatry residents a brief overview of the field and to establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of AACAP/CACAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Triple Boarders at the PGY1 – PGY3 level are also eligible.
- Participants must either be members of AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP and are required to sign up as an Annual Meeting monitor.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
The completed application and attachments must be submitted by July 7, 2023.
Estimated Size of Grant
- A post-meeting payment of up to $1000 to attend the 2023 Annual Meeting
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, academic/networking sessions, an awards breakfast and focus groups.